How to make a Mojito Cocktail | Jamie Oliver
Traditional Lime Mojito Recipe With Honey
- Put mint, a splash of club soda, and the honey into the bottom of a highball glass or Tom Collins glass (if you like lots of ice and club soda). Muddle by mashing the ingredients together. Traditionally, a muddler, which looks like a miniature wooden baseball bat, is used to accomplish this. However, the handle of a wooden spoon or spatula works fine.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime into the glass. Add the rum, stirring well.
- Fill the glass about 3/4 of the way full with ice. Top off with club soda. Stir and enjoy. If serving in a Collins glass, adding a tall cocktail straw makes a nice and useful touch.
Origin of the Mojito Cocktail
The mojito was born in Havana, Cuba, and is considered a national drink. There are only five ingredients in this classic cocktail—white rum, club soda, fresh mint, lime juice, and a sweetener.
There is a dispute as to when it appeared on the beverage scene. Some say African slaves who worked the sugar cane fields developed it in the 19th century. Others say it dates to 16th-century pirates and Sir Francis Drake who were aided in their fight against scurvy by a lime drink given to them by natives.
The origin of the word mojito also is in dispute. Probably the most credible theory contends that it comes from the Cuban seasoning known as mojo which is made from lime and used in the many Creole marinades using in Cuban cooking.
As you know, you don't have to settle for a "plain" lime mojito. Here are some great additions that will dial up the flavor and impress your guests:
- Use a flavored rum to give your mojito that extra twist, without extra effort. Try passion fruit, mango, and other fruit-flavored rum varieties.
- Add fresh ginger, peeled and grated with a box grater. As little as 1/2 teaspoon adds enough spice but you could add more if you'd like.
- Add a splash of tropical fruit nectar to top off your mojitos. Mango nectar, guava nectar, and even peach works.
Video: How to Make: Authentic Cuban Mojito
HealthTalk: Healthy Eating and Cooking Tips for Managing Type 2 Diabetes
How to Pick the Perfect Blush
Kate Garraway’s Fabulous MS Red Dress Is Under 40
The Beaumont, London
How To Wear: Longline Pieces
MoviePass owner lost 130 million last quarter, significant user decline
What Are the Benefits of Magnesium
New Nail Polish Colors For Fall That We Can’t Wait toWear
Black and Kidney Bean Chilli Recipe
This is my lane, and Im staying in it, because I lived it
Sindrome premestruale molto forte, è normale
Miss Sixty SpringSummer 2014 Campaign
Bodyweight Exercises: Dance-Inspired Moves You Can Do Anywhere
How to Apply Mulch
8 Ways to Actually Wake Up Flawless