Fool - Proof Prime Rib
Standing Rib Roast
Yield: 10 servings | Serving Size: 2 slices | Calories: 532 | Total Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 259 mg | Sodium: 738 mg | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 82 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 2 bulbs roasted garlic
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 6 pounds beef ribeye, fat trimmed to 1/8” or less, grass fed preferably
- 1 1/2 cups red wine – add additional cup if making aus jus
- 1/2 cup beef stock (low-sodium), plus 2 more cups if making au jus, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Separate the bulbs of roasted garlic into cloves and squeeze the peels to extract the roasted garlic. Then move the garlic to a small bowl and mash with the back of a fork until mostly smooth. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the rosemary and thyme, and stir until moderately blended. Rub the mixture evenly so that it adheres to the top and sides of the roast.
- Season the entire surface of the roast with the remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. With the roast in a roasting pan and add 1 1/2 cups red wine and 1/2 cup beef stock to the bottom of the pan. Roast a full 20 minutes. Bring the heat down to 350 degrees F and roast to the desired doneness, about 18 minutes per pound for rare and 22 minutes per pound for medium.
- Let stand 5-8 minutes before carving. Another nice touch for the more health conscious is the de-fat the resulting juices and serve alongside the beef.
- If making the optional au jus, place the roasting pan directly on the burners over medium-high heat. Add 1 cup red wine and scrape the browned pieces on the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon. Add 2 cups beef stock and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the wine reduces by half, about 5 minutes. Strain the sauce through a sieve to remove any solids before serving.
Video: Perfect Prime Rib - Easiest Prime Rib Recipe Ever! - Holiday Prime Rib of Beef
How to Eat Like an Olympian
Police launch investigation into antisemitic hate crimes in the Labour Party
Best body lotions for oily skin available in market
How to Dry Pumpkin Seeds
How All of Your Favorite Celebs Are Celebrating Fathers Day 2019
How to Apologize to a Guy
How to Make a Berry Smoothie
How to Sell Season Tickets on StubHub.com
How to Shift a Semi Truck
Watch YouTubers try Kylie Jenners makeup routine