HOW TO STYLE: RED
How to Wear Red
Red is a striking and classic color that can brighten up any outfit. It is the perfect choice for a date, a formal event or casual outing. Choose a shade of red that brings your complexion to life. Pair your red clothes with neutral colors for a formal look, or with clashing colors for a fun and trendy look. Add extra color to your outfit by wearing red accessories.
Wearing Red Clothes
Choose a shade of red that compliments your skin tone.If you have olive or darker skin, you’ll look great in an orangey red, like coral or tangerine. If you have a fair complexion, look for reds that are slightly more pink, such as ruby red or berry red. If your skin is a medium shade, you will probably look good in most shades.
- If you notice that your skin looks particularly good in a shade of red, you’ve probably found your best color match.
Pair red with black or white to create a smart, business look.Red, black, and white are bold colors that create a striking contrast when paired together. This is a good option if you want to achieve a formal look for an event or for work. A red dress shirt with a black tie and a black suit makes a striking contrast that exudes power and confidence.
- Choose a bright shade of red if want to create a really sharp look.
- If you feel shy wearing bold red, look for black or white shirts that have red prints or patterns on them.
- Wear a red dress with a black or white blazer for a formal event.
Wear red from head to toe if you want to stand out.Wearing red from head to toe is very on trend. If you are feeling really bold, wear red shoes, red trousers, and a red shirt. This outfit would be perfect for a fashion show or a trip to the city.
- Choose different shades of red to help break the outfit up.
- If you like to blend in with the crowd, you may want to pick a muted shade rather than a bold one.
Combine red with mustard, pink, or silver to create an on-trend look.Currently, pairing red with contrasting colors is a trendy look. Wear a red item of clothing with an item that clashes. A mustard or pink sweater paired with red flared trousers is a bold choice.
- This style works best for block colours. Wear a top that is completely red or mustard, rather than a top that has a mustard and red pattern.
- Pair red with light blue to create a slightly less bold, but still trendy look.
- You may want to avoid this look if you are going to a formal work event.
Wear a red dress if you want to create a classic and feminine look.Red dresses are a fun way to wear red because you can style them in so many different ways. If you want a sexy and fun look, choose a fitting dress with a “v” shaped neckline. If you want a summery look, wear a loose fitting dress with spaghetti straps.
- Create a formal look by wearing a grey or gold blazer over a deep red dress. Alternatively, wear a leather jacket for a street look.
- Wear black leggings under your red dress in winter to create a classy feel for work or going out.
Wear a red suit if you want to stand out from the crowd.Regardless of your gender, a red suit is an outfit that is sure to stand out. Where a full red suit if you are feeling brave, or a red suit jacket if you want a more conservative look.
- A deep red suit with a white dress shirt and black shoes would make for a stunning outfit.
- Try wearing a red jumpsuit or red overalls if you want a less formal option.
Choosing Red Accessories
Pick a pair of red sunglasses if you want to draw attention to your face.A red pair of sunglasses will brighten any outfit. Choose fully red frames if you want a bold option, or opt for glasses with a red pattern if you want a quieter look.
- If you feel really adventurous, choose a pair of sunglasses with red tinted lenses.
- Search online for red sunglasses if you can’t find any at your local clothing stores.
Choose a pair of red shoes to add color to your outfit.If you’re wearing a plain or neutral-coloured outfit, spice it up by adding a pair of red shoes. Wear heels with a formal outfit and flats a casual outfit. If you are wearing a suit, choose a pair of dark red shoes.
- Choose a pair of shoes that show your personality and style. If you like to look feminine, choose something lacy or strappy. If you prefer to have an edgy look, wear a block heel or something shiny. If you like a grunge look, you could wear red skater shoes.
Add a red tie for a pop of color.If you want just a little bit of red in your outfit, choose a neutral-colored suit like tan or navy. Pair it with a white dress shirt and a red tie. Keep the rest of your accessories neutral so the tie is the star of your ensemble.
Wear a red necklace, bracelet, or ring, to spice up your outfit.Jewellery is a great way to make a plain outfit look more exciting. Red jewellery will really stand out if you wear it with neutral colors like grey, black, white, or navy. Wear red jewellery with a bright outfit to create a fun and playful look.
- Wear chunky red jewellery if you want it to stand out, or choose a smaller piece if you prefer a more subtle look.
- Wear a red topaz or ruby ring to create a classy look.
Carry a red handbag or backpack to brighten your outfit.A red bag is a great way to add red into your outfit in a subtle way. A sleek bag will work well with a formal outfit and a big leather bag will complement a streetwear look. For casual wear, pick a red backpack.
- Pair a bright red handbag with a navy and white outfit to create a nautical look.
- Wear a red backpack if you want to achieve a fun and on-trend style.
Add a red scarf to your outfit if you want an extra splash of color.A scarf is a great way to dress up a plain outfit. If it’s winter, look for a warm and fluffy scarf. If you’re wearing a scarf for decoration, choose a lighter scarf. Wear a scarf over a plain, unpatterned top to help it stand out.
- Choose a scarf that suits your skin tone. This is extra important when choosing a scarf, as it so close to your face.
Paint your nails red to create a bold statement.Red is a popular and striking nail polish choice. Choose your favorite shade or choose a red that matches your outfit. A dark red is a classy option for formal events and a bright red is a fun option for casual wear.
- If you don’t want to paint all your fingernails red, paint only your ring fingernails red and paint the rest of your nails a neutral color. This is an on-trend look that will make the red nails stand out.
- If you don’t like red nails, consider applying red nail art stickers. Place these over light-colored nail polish to add a splash of color.
Wear a red lipstick to create a classic and elegant look.Pick a bright and bold lip color if you have a warm or dark skin tone. Choose a red with more pink tones if you have a lighter complexion. Pick an orangey-red if you have olive skin.
- Experiment with different colours and pick one that brightens your complexion.
- Choose a pinker red if you want your teeth to look whiter.
- Stay away from deep red lipstick if you have thin lips. These shades can make your lips look thinner.
QuestionCould I combine a brown dress with red shoes?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends on each piece, but generally, it would be a good pairing.Thanks!
Video: How To Style Red | Peexo
Memorial Day Shopping Guide: Sales, Coupons, Steals Deals
How to Have Fun in Valletta, Malta
7 Qualities Of A Team Leader To Improve Your Relationships In Office In Hindi
Recovering from physical injury
How to Make Tea
Why You Should Definitely NOT Be Embarrassed About Wearing Spanx
How To Wear The Right Tie Every Time
How to Read Hebrew
32 One-Pan Meals Made Easy
13 Things Your Husband Isnt Telling You
How to Overcome Fatigue
All Natural’ on the Food Label
Szechuan Noodles with Pork
How to Be Healthier in 14 Days