How to Use the wikiHow Forums
Using the Forums
Head to the .Place your cursor over the "Explore" tab on the top and click on "Forums" in the drop down menu.
Click on link to the forum that best suits your needs and start posting.The forums include:
- : A place to discuss the wikiHow project, read our latest news, propose new ideas, and discuss various aspects of the community with other contributors.
- : Discuss how to work together with other members of the wikiHow community to get things done.
- : Discuss how to solve almost any problem on wikiHow with other editors.
- : Suggest proposals for new categories.
- : Help improve wikiHow by reporting bugs and sharing technical feedback here.
- : A forum where you can have off-topic discussions about (almost) anything you like. Get to know your fellow community members here, as you discuss whatever interests you. This includes the , where you can introduce yourself to the community and meet other wikiHow authors.
- : Play fun forum games with other wikiHow contributors on this forum.
Follow these tips for :
- Avoid creating multiple threads about the same topic.
- Avoid creating duplicate topics by looking over the topics in the forum you are using before creating a new one.
- Try to make your topics as informative as possible. It's much more helpful if your topic is How to Upload an Image than if is "Need help plz!!!"
- Familiarize yourself with wikiHow's Forum Dialog Expectations before posting.
If you want to start a discussion, there is a white rectangle button that says .Click that button.
- Note that anonymous users cannot interact with the forums.
Post.Posting on the forums is easy. Fill out the form that you are brought to, including choosing a title for your discussion, and finding the category to put it in. Type what you want to say in the description box, and then click the green button far at the bottom left that says Post Discussion. Refer to Step 2 for the descriptions of each category.
.If you want to report a bug, it would be helpful if you provide a screenshot (or in some cases, a screencast). Follow the steps given below.
- Click on the image button (the image with the tree). A small box will appear.
- Copy the image's URL, and then highlight the http:// protocol, right clicking and selecting "Paste" afterward.
- Click the Submit button. The image will now show up in the text box for the What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor, being ready to be posted and seen by the community.
Leaving Comments on the Forums
Go to the .You can get there by hovering your mouse over the area at the top right of your screen labeled Explore and select Forums.
Once you get there, look at the discussions and click on one you want to comment on.To click on it, select the title of the discussion. For example, if the discussion is called "Gender Battle Game", click on the wordsGender Battle Game.
Once you have clicked on the discussion, go the most recent page of that discussion.This is so that people commenting within a few minutes of you will see it. For example, when you scroll all the way down, if there has been a lot of people talking on it, it will get divided into more than one page. If the discussion has more than 7 pages, head to the most recent one.
When you get to the most recent page, scroll to the bottom.There should be a box that saysLeave a Comment. Look at the name of the discussion. If it's about the Gender Battle, you're counting up and down. Don't talk about things that don't apply to the discussion (unless the discussion tells you to). After you decide what to say, type in the box the words you want to comment.
When you have completed typing it what you want to say, clickPublishto have it published onto the discussion.Note that anyone who goes on the discussion can view your comments.
- You can also clickSave Draftto have it saved and edited another time.
QuestionHow do I quote previous messages?Community AnswerThere should be a green button on the bottom left of the comment which says 'quote.' If you press it it should quote that comment.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If you have a comment about a specific article, you should place your comment on that article's discussion page. The purpose of the forums is not to discuss individual articles. It is to talk about more general concerns.
- The forums are a great way to become more involved in the community and to keep up with changes and other developments at wikiHow.
- Remember to make your posts in the appropriate forum for your needs. It's much more helpful to post a technical problem in the Bug Reports forum than in the Village Pump forum.
- A new comment on a discussion that is more than 2 or 3 weeks old (or 8 weeks old for the forum games) is considered to be bumping, since the bumped thread goes all the way to the top of the list and pushes newer and far more deserving threads down the list. Think about when the last comment on the discussion was posted before posting on it.
- Remember that the forums are an extension of wikiHow. The same rules apply. Be civil, assume good faith, and actually try to be kind to your fellow editors.
- Don't use profanity or discuss about vulgar topics.
- Do not advertise in the forums about thingsnotrelated to wikiHow.
- Before you get onto somebody about not assuming good faith, try assuming good faith aboutthatperson.
- Heated topics, such as politics or religion, should be kept off the forums if at all possible. If you are going to discuss these topics,be civiland respect other peoples' opinions.
Video: WikiHow Images [Feat. SorrowTV]
Whole Grain Mini Berry Crisps
Trump rips Theresa May in phone call, echoes Macron, Trudeau attack
How to Treat and Prevent Macaw Bites
How to Sell a Watch
Khloé Kardashian Creates Her Ideal Sister Using Her Siblings Favorite Body Parts
How Folate and a Genetic Mutation Can Impact Your Depression Risk
How to Make Egg Rolls
6 Tips That Will Make Applying False Lashes A Whole LotEasier
Managing Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain and Fatigue: Leslies Story
Date: 03.12.2018, 18:24 / Views: 75342