Natural Remedies & Nutrition : About Liver Cleanse & Olive Oil
How to Make a Liver Cleanse
The liver carries out many functions that help you to sustain a healthy body. The liver processes all the things that you eat, drink and absorb through the skin and, therefore, is frequently exposed to many harmful substances. Some signs that indicate a damaged liver include allergies, malnutrition, high cholesterol and triglycerides and even gallstones. A liver cleanse can help alleviate many of these problems. There are liver detoxifying products available in health food and drug stores, but you can also make your own at home with only a few ingredients. Here are a couple of ways to make a liver cleanse.
Grapefruit and Epsom Salt
Understand the benefits of this cleanse.This 24 hour detox is designed to remove toxins from the liver and flush gallstones from the gall bladder.
- It has helped people alleviate and cure problems such as chronic acne, yeast infection and symptoms associated with leaky gut.
- To perform this cleanse, all you'll need is Epsom salts, extra virgin olive oil and one large grapefruit.
Prepare your body for the cleanse.In the days leading up to the detox, you should eat a lot of apples and drink as much apple juice as possible — this prepares the liver for the detox.
- On the last day before you start the detox, try to drink 8oz of apple juice every 2 - 3 hours.
- On the morning of the detox, eat a light breakfast that contains no fat. A healthy smoothie or some wholegrain cereal with fruit are two good options.
Prepare and drink the salt mixture.At 2pm on the day of the detox, mix 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts in 3 cups of water.
- Pour the salt mixture into a large jar or jug and leave the cool in the fridge. Do not eat any food after 2 pm.
- At 6pm drink 3/4 cup of the salt mixture. If you find the taste difficult to stomach, you can mix in a little powdered vitamin C. Drink another 3/4 cup of the salt mix at 8pm.
Prepare and drink the grapefruit mixture.At 9.45pm, juice a large grapefruit (you should end up with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of juice) and pour it into a jar.
- Add 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil, then replace the lid and shake the jar vigorously to combine.
- Drink this grapefruit and oil mixture (through a straw if necessary) and then go to bed and lie down immediately — this is important for the cleanse to work property.
- Lie on your right side with your right knee tucked up towards your chest. Try to sleep.
Finish the cleanse.The next morning, drink another 3/4 cup of the Epsom salts immediately upon waking, then drink the final portion 2 hours later.
- After another 2 hours, you can transition back to drinking fruit juice and to solid food two hours after that — just make sure that whatever you eat is light and healthy.
- You can expect to have one or more bowel movements the morning of the liver cleanse. You may see round, green stones in your waste — these are gallstones. Having gallstones in your waste is completely normal and means that the cleanse has worked well.
Understand the benefits of this cleanse.This detox is used to cleanse the liver and colon, clearing out toxic waste in order to eliminate bloating, increase energy levels and aid weight loss efforts.
- To perform this cleanse, you will need unsweetened cranberry juice, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, 2-3 oranges, 2-3 lemons and several packets of stevia (a natural sweetener).
Prepare your body for the cleanse.Before you perform this cleanse, it's essential that you prepare your liver by following a healthy diet in the 7 days running up to the cleanse. This will help you to avoid feeling tired and sluggish on the day of the cleanse.
- Eat lots of green leafy vegetables (lettuce, cabbage, kale), cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts), citrus fruits, sulfur-rich foods (eggs, garlic and onions) and liver-healing foods (asparagus, beets, celery).
- Also make sure to drink plenty of water (72 fluid oz per day) and avoid any high fat or processed foods, refined carbohydrates or gluten products. You should also cut out alcohol, caffeinated beverage and any non-necessary medications.
Prepare the cleansing cranberry drink.On the morning of the cleanse, prepare the cranberry drink. First, dilute the unsweetened cranberry juice to a quarter of its original strength with filtered water, to make 72 fluid oz of liquid. Add this cranberry water to a saucepan and bring to a low boil over a medium heat.
- Add a teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to a tea ball and place in the boiling cranberry water. For a stronger infusion, place the spices directly into the liquid. Allow the cranberry water to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, then take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, squeeze the oranges and lemons and add the juice to the cranberry water. Taste the liquid and add a couple of packets of stevia for sweetness, if desired.
Drink the cranberry mix throughout the day.On the day of your cleanse, drink the cranberry water one 8oz glass at a time.
- Alternate between drinking the cranberry water and drinking regular, filtered water throughout the day, until you have consumed at least 72 fluid oz of each. Be forewarned — you will need to pee a lot!
- You should also take a colon-caring supplement (such as 2 teaspoons of powdered psyllium husks or 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed) twice throughout the day — once in the morning and once in the evening.
Allow your body to recover from the cleanse.For the three days following the cleanse, you should follow the same dietary guidelines as required for the week before the cleanse, otherwise the results won't be as good.
- You should also try to incorporate some healthy bacteria into your diet, from organic, raw sauerkraut or plain yogurt containing live, active cultures.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Understand the benefits of this cleanse.Apple cider vinegar has long been used as a home remedy for liver cleansing and blood purification.
- However, it also has an array of other benefits, such as aiding digestion, promoting weight loss and clearing acne.
- Keep in mind that apple cider vinegar will only work as a liver detoxifier if combined with a healthy balanced diet.
Buy organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar.Be certain to buy organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar, as this contains a higher nutritional content.
- Shake the bottle before pouring to distribute the thicker, hazier-looking layer at the bottom — this is known as "the mother" and is the most nutritious part of the vinegar.
Take the apple cider vinegar on a daily basis.Apple cider vinegar can be used to detox your liver on an ongoing basis and doesn't require any fasting.
- All you need to do is add 2 to 3 teaspoons of the vinegar to an 8oz glass of water and drink it before every meal.
- Alternatively, you can add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the apple cider vinegar to a large glass of water and drink it first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach.
Use apple cider vinegar in other ways.Alternative ways to add more apple cider vinegar to your diet include:
- Making a tea by adding a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to hot water and adding honey to sweeten.
- Making a salad dressing by mixing apple cider vinegar with flaxseed oil and honey.
Eat garlic.Garlic is a great addition to your diet when you're trying to cleanse your liver, as it activates enzymes in the liver that help to clear out toxins. It also contains two natural compounds called allicin and selenium which support healthy liver function.
Eat green, leafy vegetables.Green, leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, arugula, dandelion greens and chicory provide a multitude of liver-cleansing benefits -- they eliminate heavy metals, pesticides and herbicides (which wreak havoc on the liver) and increase the production and flow of healthy bile.
Eat grapefruit.Grapefruit contains a special protein called glutathione which attaches itself to toxins before eliminating them from the body. Enjoying a whole grapefruit or drinking a glass of freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice with breakfast aids the liver cleansing process along with boosting your bodies vitamin C, pectin and antioxidant content.
Eat avocado.Avocados are also high in glutathione, a compound which protects the liver from toxins and ensures proper liver function. Some research has suggested that eating just 1 to 2 avocados per week for a minimum of 30 days could help to reverse liver damage.
Eat walnuts.Walnuts contain glutathione, an amino acid called l-arginine and omega-3 fatty acids, all of which help to detoxify the liver and lower ammonia — high levels of which are responsible for many diseases. Try munching on a handful of walnuts as a snack, or sprinkling them over a salad.
Eat turmeric.Turmeric is something of a liver-cleansing superfood — it protects the liver from toxins and helps to regenerate damaged liver cells. It also boosts bile production and supports the healthy function of the gall bladder, another purifying organ. Try adding turmeric to lentil curries and stewed vegetable dishes to take advantage of its detoxifying benefits.
Know what to avoid.There are certain foods and ingredients that work against the liver, overloading it with toxins and hindering its proper function. Such foods include processed, fatty foods like preserved meat (sausages, corned beef), deep fried food, margarine and hydrogenated oils, and any food that contains artificial colors and flavors.
Take supplements.There are many natural supplements which can help to detoxify the liver and promote liver health. Some of the most popular include malic acid, burdoc, dandelion root and milk thistle. These can be found at the pharmacy or health food store and should be taken according to the instructions on the packaging.
Drink detoxifying teas.Certain herbal teas are believed to flush toxins and fat deposits from the liver, while also increasing hydration levels. The best teas for liver cleansing include ingredients such as dandelion root, ginger, clove, burdock root, chamomile, cinnamon and horsetail. Try to drink at least two cups of herbal tea per day and sweeten with honey if necessary.
QuestionWhat do you mean by "tea ball" in step 3 of the cranberry cleanse? Also in step 3 of the cranberry cleanse, what are the exact juice and water ratios?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerA tea ball is a small hinged metal ball with holes in it that holds plant matter while brewing tea. It usually prevents your tea from having leaves at the bottom of the cup (unless the plant matter is chopped finely, or is powdered). They are commonly available where tea is sold. There are also scissor action spoon shaped tea balls, although they don't work as well as the round kind. In step 3 of the cranberry cleanse, you need to end up with 72 oz of 25% cranberry solution, which calculates to 18 oz of unsweetened cranberry juice and 54 oz filtered water.Thanks!
QuestionWhat supplements will cleanse the blood of toxins?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYour liver cleanses your blood of toxins. Blood filters through the liver and removes any toxins. The toxins are they transported to your bladder and you urinate them out. You do not need supplements to cleanse your blood, it's just a way for you to waste your money.Thanks!
QuestionWhat does white poop indicate?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerPoop that is marbled white and brown indicates that fat is not being digested. Pure white poop or light-colored poop indicates you are producing insufficient bile (will also look like clay), or that you have hepatitis or cirrhosis of the liver, or that you have taken a lot of antacids. It is best to talk to your doctor if you feel there is something odd about your poop.Thanks!
QuestionI eat a lot but do not gain weight. Could this indicate a weak liver?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThis sounds like a thyroid issue. Check out "hyperthyroidism" and see your doctor.Thanks!
What is a way that I can reduce SGPT from 155 to 40?
Should I eat any food on the day of I take the cranberry cleanse?
What do I do to address water retention?
What can I do to stop being constipated?
Cab you eat food on the day of the cranberry juice cleanse or just drink the fluid?
- Cold pressed flax oil, acidophilus, Ornithine capsules and Milk Thistle can be found in many health food stores or nutrition centers.
- It is recommended that you perform a colon cleanse and kidney cleanse prior to making a liver cleanse. This cleanse will release a large amount of toxins into your bloodstream, therefore your kidneys should be in prime condition to filter out the toxins and expel them. Your colon will also serve to purge these toxins.
- Always avoid fatty foods and acetaminophen.
- Milk Thistle can be added to either of these liver cleanse recipes in either capsule or liquid form. You may add 2 120 mg capsules to the cleanse or 5 drops of liquid. Milk Thistle helps to repair cells damaged by toxic substances.
Sources and Citations
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Italiano: , Español: , Português: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands: , Čeština: , 中文: , العربية: , ไทย: , Tiếng Việt: , 한국어: , 日本語:
Aug 2, 2019
Oct 3, 2019
Bishnu Prasad Parajuli
Jul 7, 2019
Jan 13, 2019
Jul 22, 2019
Jan 8, 2019
Aug 20, 2019
Dec 6, 2019
Nov 20, 2019
Jun 12, 2019
Feb 22, 2019
Aug 19, 2019
Aug 17, 2019
Apr 18, 2019
Aug 13, 2019
Mar 8, 2019
Video: How to do the Famous LIVER CLEANSE (step by step)
8 Simple Steps to Great Sleep
Need Another Reason To Avoid GMOs
How to Use a Steel Club During Your Next Workout
15 Flavorful and Healthy Family Meals That are Perfect for Picky Eaters
6 Health And Beauty Benefits Of Manuka Honey
6 Signs Youre In Love With A Narcissist
How to Make Longganisa
How to Remove Wallpaper from Drywall
How to Make Gourmet Smores
Reminder: The Flu Will Kill More Americans Than Ebola This Year
How to Turn Android Into a Walkie Talkie
Estrace Vaginal Reviews
Millennials Might Be Smarter, Richer And Healthier Than Their Parents – But They Have It Worse