How to Keep Your Man Happy, My Tips
How to Keep Your Man Happy
There's a lot of advice, good and bad, about keeping a man happy in a relationship. The main thing is to respect your boyfriend or husband and treat him as you would like to be treated. You don't need to follow each step of this article word for word -- it's intended as a guide. You can pick and choose what works foryourrelationship
Working on Your Relationship
Give him space when he needs it.Even if your man is head-over-heels crazy for you, he needs a little alone time every now and then, so don't try to force your presence on him 24 hours a day.
- Make some plans without him and tell him he's free to go play video games, have a beer with his friends or go for a solo run -- whatever he feels like.
- This also gives you a chance to pursue your own interests and maintain a fulfilling life outside of your relationship.
- Once you accept that you both need some personal space every now and then, you will be much happier as a couple and will enjoy and appreciate the time youdospend together a lot more as a result.
Talk through any issues.Instead of bottling up any issues or problems you have with your relationship (and letting them all explode in a whirlwind of emotion later), sit your man down and have a calm, reasoned discussion with him.
- He'll appreciate this much more than a potential screaming match down the road and will be much more inclined to listen to you and take on board what you're saying, rather than going on the defensive.
- You should also give him the chance to voice any issues he may be having. Really try listen to what he has to say and don't dismiss his concerns. Your man will be much happier in the relationship if he feels like his feelings and opinions are valued.
Show a little love and appreciation.Most modern-day husbands and boyfriends are pretty amazing -- they do things like buy you flowers, cook you dinner and massage your feet after a long day at work. So reciprocate, ladies!
- Don't take all of the small, wonderful things your man does for you for granted, or as a given. Let him know how much you appreciate him and that you know how hard he tries.
- When he does something nice for you, be affectionate. Give him a kiss or a hug or just tell him you love him. Knowing how happy he's made you will make him happy!
Remember that a relationship is a two way street.Of course, making your husband or boyfriend happy is pointless ifyouare not happy.
- A relationship works both ways, so if you're putting in all of the effort and getting nothing in return, you have to ask yourself "is it worth it?"
- Even if your relationship is going fine, there may be something else bothering you and making you unhappy. You need to fix this -- otherwise, your man will sense your unhappiness and start to feel unhappy himself, especially if is nothing he can do about it.
Method 1 Quiz
What’s a sign that your relationship may be in trouble?
Making Him Feel Secure
Be honest with him.When it comes to relationships, we all know that honesty is the best policy. Lies always come back to bite us in the end.
- Being honest with your man about where you're going, who you're meeting, how you're feeling, etc. is important. How can you expect honesty from him if you don't afford him the same courtesy?
- Even if he doesn't necessarilylikethe truth, the fact that you are being honest with him will let him know that he can trust you -- and trust is essential in any relationship.
Compliment him.Men love to be complimented just as much as women, so don't be stingy with your praise!
- When you're impressed with something your guy has said or done, tell him so! Don't just assume he knows.
- Tell him he looks good in a suit, that you're impressed with the project he's working on or that you're amazed at what he can do in the bedroom! A genuine compliment from you and he'll be walking on cloud nine!
- Bonus points if you compliment him in front of his friends or family -- men like to be praised in front of other people, it boosts their ego.
Don't try to make him jealous.Many women make the mistake of trying to make their man feel jealous when they're angry or upset with them.
- However, this often backfires by making your husband or boyfriend feel angry, hurt or betrayed -- and this can damage his trust in you, harming the relationship.
- Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot -- if you had done something wrong, would you want him to hear you out and give you another chance? Or would you prefer him to flirt with another women to get back at you? That's what we thought.
Be his support system.Everybody has their low points, your man included. So don't kick him while he's down by criticizing or saying "I told you so". Be his support system and take this as an opportunity to boost him back up.
- If he has a bad day at work, has an argument with a family member or is generally just feeling a bit down, try to be nice to him. Ask him if he wants to talk about it or allow him to brew silently for a while, if that's what he needs.
- Remind him of all the reasons why you think he's great and why you chose him out of all the other fish in the sea. Make him feel good about himself again and he'll feel happy and grateful towards you.
Respect him.Your man needs you to respect him, the same way you need him to respect you. Don't belittle him or put him down all the time -- that's no way to treat the most important person in your life!
- The last thing your guy wants is to feel emasculated, so allow him to feel like a man from time to time -- ask him to open a jar, to build some furniture or to drive your car.
- Let him know that you depend on him -- it will boost his ego and make him feel good about himself.
- This doesn't make you any less of a strong women, it's just part of being in an equal, reciprocal relationship.
Method 2 Quiz
When you’re trying to be more honest and open with your partner, it’s important to:
Doing Nice Things For Him
Give him a massage.Men love to be pampered from time to time, so pick an evening to treat your husband or boyfriend to a relaxing massage.
- Choose a day when your man is feeling particularly tired or stressed out and get yourself set up with massage oil, candles, music -- anything that makes the experience more relaxing.
- Ask him to undress and lie face down on the bed, then work your magic. Gently knead his back, neck and shoulders, avoiding the spine. If you're feeling adventurous, you can attempt a full-body massage.
- Be generous with your time -- try to keep it up for at least 15 to 20 minutes until your man has completely relaxed. Be warned though -- all that skin-on-skin contact may leave your man feeling more turned-on than relaxed!
Cook his favorite meal.Whoever said that the way to a man's heart was through his stomach never spoke a truer word. Men love food, especially when it's lovingly prepared by their other half.
- Pick a recipe (or steal one from his mother) and prepare it some evening when he's least expecting it. Make it an occasion -- set the table nicely, open a good bottle of wine and pretend you're eating out at a restaurant!
- By the way, we're not advocating 50s housewife behavior here: "you must have a hot meal on the table when your man arrives home from work." We're talking about cooking a nice meal for you man because youwant toand because it's a nice thing to do.
- If you're a terrible cook, improvise! Order his favorite take-out but serve it on nice dishes or take him out to his favorite restaurant for dinner, your treat!
Do something spontaneous.If you're in a long-term relationship, it's easy to let routine take over and stay in watching TV every Saturday night. Keep your man happy by doing something spontaneous or different instead!
- Inject some fun into your man's life by planning date nights -- get concert tickets, go rock climbing, organize a wine tasting, go to an art exhibition, host a games night with some other couples -- anything as long as it's different.
- If you're feeling adventurous, plan something really crazy like a joint skydive, a whale-watching trip or a vacation or road trip. Take care of as many of the details beforehand as possible, so your man doesn't have to stress on the day.
Make an effort with your appearance.Again, we're not advocating a 50s housewife approach here, but taking some pride in your appearance and looking good for your man is definitely a good thing. You want him to feel proud thatyouare his wife or girlfriend!
- We all have days when we want to laze around in our pajamas, with no make-up on and hair scraped back, but every so often it's nice to get dressed up for no other reason than wanting to look good for your man. He'll appreciate the effort!
- You should also make an effort to do the things you used to do when you first met -- whether that means shaving your legs, getting your hair styled once a month, or keeping your weight in check. Try to be the girl he fell in love with!
Take the lead in bed.No discussion of how to keep a man happy would be complete without some reference to sex! Although this may vary a little,mostmen love it when their lady takes charge in the bedroom.
- This means something different in every relationship, whether it's simply initiating sex (especially if you don't normally) or tying your man down, dominatrix style.
- Give him a freebie every once in a while -- in other words, a sexual favor where you expect nothing in return. He'd prefer that to an actual gift any day of the week!
- Remember that being intimate (whatever that means for you) is an important part of any healthy, happy relationship -- it brings the two of you closer together and allows you to express your love for one another in a deeply personal way.
Method 3 Quiz
When you’re in a long-term relationship, it’s important to:
- Always tell your man you love him.This will make him happy.
- Don't assume that doing nice things for your man, even things that are traditionally viewed as subservient, will make him view you as any less independent. The simple act of doing him a favor or two doesnotmake you a subservient woman -- but rather a caring one.
- Don't fake interest in something. Either be interested in his activities or leave him to them. Faking interest might thrill him in the short-run, but when your lack of genuine interest begins to show himself he will be deeply disappointed and potentially annoyed.
- Make him laugh and be easy going.
- Laugh together and tell him you love him often that will cheer him up.
- All men are different, and this advice won't apply to every one of them. "The best way to know what makes a man happy is to ask him"
- Do not let your efforts to please your man turn you into a doormat. Remain your own person, remain independent, and don't suffer abuse, ingratitude, or being taken for granted. When a man takes his woman for granted, all the effort in the world won't keep him happy since he already expects all the effort in the world. Drop him and find yourself a sweeter, more appreciative male. Trust me, they exist.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Italiano: , Français: , Deutsch: , Nederlands: , 中文: , Русский: , Čeština: , Bahasa Indonesia: , ไทย: , 日本語:
Video: 5 secret ways to keep your man happy
Apple Streusel Coffeecake
How to Spot the Next It Bag Before Everyone Is Carrying It
Glazed Steak with Sautéed Bok Choy
Famous People Wearing the Walrus
Floral Arrangement How-to: Mums Limes Topiary
6 No-Crunch Moves Thatll Transform Your Core
These Reliable Kids Floaties Let Parents Stress Less at the Pool
How to Make Tea
The Exact Time Abbi Jacobson Predicts Broad City’ WillEnd