What is the most important influence on child development | Tom Weisner | TEDxUCLA
How to Educate Others on the Importance of Child Protection
All children have the right to protection. They have the right to survive, to be safe, to belong, to be heard, to receive adequate care and to grow up in a protective environment.
A family is the first line of protection for children. Parents or other caregivers are responsible for building a protective and loving home environment. Schools and communities are responsible for building a safe and child-friendly environment outside the child's home. In the family, school and community, children should be fully protected so they can survive, grow, learn and develop to their fullest potential.
Millions of children are not fully protected. Many of them deal with violence, abuse, neglect, exploitation, exclusion and/or discrimination every day. Such violations limit their chances of surviving, growing, developing and pursuing their dreams.
Understand the importance of child protection.In order to spread the message, it is important to know the facts. The basics are:
- Every child should have the opportunity to grow up in a family. If a family is unable to care for the child, steps should be taken by the authorities to address the reasons and make every effort to keep the family together.
- Every child has a right to a name and nationality. Registering a child's birth helps to ensure a child's right to education, health care and legal and social services. Birth registration is a vital step towards protection from abuse and exploitation.
- Girls and boys must be protected from all forms of violence and abuse. This includes physical, sexual and emotional abuse, neglect and harmful practices such as child marriage and genital mutilation/cutting of girls. Families, communities and authorities are responsible for ensuring this protection.
- Children must be protected from all work that is hazardous. Work should not prevent them from attending school. Children should never be involved in the worst forms of child labour, such as slavery, forced labour, drug production or trafficking.
- Girls and boys can be at risk of sexual abuse and exploitation in their home, school, workplace or community. Measures should be taken to prevent sexual abuse and exploitation. Sexually abused and exploited children need immediate help to stop such abuse.
- Children are vulnerable to trafficking where protection for children is weak or missing. The government, civil society and families are responsible for preventing trafficking, as well as helping children who are victims to reintegrate into their families and communities, if it is in their best interest.
- Justice for children should be based on child rights. Depriving children of their liberty (incarcerating them) must always be a last resort. Procedures that are sensitive to children should be put in place for children who are victims or witnesses of crime.
- Income support and social welfare services can help keep families together and children in school and ensure access to health care.
- All children have a right to age-appropriate information, to be heard and to participate in making decisions that concern them. Fulfillment of this right enables children to take an active role in their own protection against abuse, violence and exploitation, and to become active citizens.
Always be aware of what can happen to your child or any child.They can be injured, kidnapped, abused, and many other things.
Be sure that your children are aware of the dangers, but try to balance their knowledge so that they are not overwhelmed and lose their childhood.
QuestionHow is bullying related to human rights?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerBullying is a form of violating human rights. If you are physically attacking someone, that's a violation. If you are discriminating against someone because of their race, their sexual orientation, their color, etc. that is also a violation.Thanks!
Video: How to Educate Others on the Importance of Injury Prevention
Everything Teens Need to Know About Vaginal Sex
Spaghetti Carbonara Pie
Easy Broiled Scallops
How to Write Thrash Guitar Riffs
Goat Cheese Pesto Spread
How to Confront a Friend Who Avoids You
Iced Green-Ginger-Mint Tea
Everlane Is Launching Sustainable Clean Silk
True Blood’ Star Bailey Noble on the Show’s Final Season, Nude Scenes, and Bon Temps’ HottestGuys
The Beginners Guide To Divorce, From Someone Whos Been Through One
Liu Jo Eau de Parfum 2014
How to Make Neopets Happy
How to Cook Bay Scallops