THE DEBT STRATEGY: MONEY Making Ideas - Holding a raffle
How to Do an Online Raffle
If you want to do a raffle online, you can host a giveaway on social media or a raffle website. Pick a site to host your raffle, and choose your prizes and ticketing system. Then, make a post or a website detailing your raffle information. At the end of your set raffle time, pick a winner fairly and honestly. With either method, you can easily do an online raffle and raise money for your cause!
Selecting an Online Raffle Option
Research government laws to ensure you can host an online raffle.Before you start the raffle, search for “raffle laws near me” to determine what is allowed and what is a violation. Online raffles are considered gambling in some states, which makes them illegal. On a federal level, you must be part of a qualified 501(c) organizations to host a raffle online. Each state also has its own restrictions and regulations regarding raffles. You may have to obtain a permit before you host your raffle.
Find an online raffle website to easily host your campaign.Search online for an online raffle website that suits your needs. For instance, is a popular choice. Read over the “FAQs” and “About” section to get more information, and make your selection based on personal preference. There are both free and paid versions available.
- After you make your selection, create an account to get started on your online raffle.
Setting Up Your Online Raffle
Select the prize(s) to award to the winner.You can pick 1 prize or several, depending on your overall raffle goals. Pick a prize that you would like to offer your donors, and include a picture of it with your post. It's also helpful to write a brief description to entice donors to participate.
- For example, you can award gift certificates, sports memorabilia, and electronic devices.
Write a description for your giveaway or raffle.As you plan your raffle or post, provide donors/users with the information they need to know about your raffle, such as what you are raffling, why you are having the raffle, and personal information about you. List information to help inspire them to donate to your cause or organization.
- For example, if you are raising money for breast cancer, write something like, “After my mother passed away from breast cancer in 2015, I’ve been committed to helping as many families as I can. By purchasing raffle tickets, your donations ensure we can continue to offer help. We are hosting a raffle for a Pittsburgh Steelers signed jersey to help generate donations, and each ticket costs .”
- If you are hosting a giveaway for artwork on your Instagram page, write something like, “I am an artist living in Portland, OR looking to give back to my followers. By sharing and liking this post, you are entered to win an original 8x10 painting. Comment with a number between 1-500 for a chance to win.”
- If you’d like, list your fundraising goal. For instance, if you want to raise ,000 for a personal operation, list that on your raffle website. If you want to gain 500 followers, write that in your Facebook post.
Publish your post or website when you detail all of the information.After you finish completing your post or entering in all required information for your website, you're ready to publish it. This makes your raffle live, and users can start donating their money or sharing your post.
- Before you publish your post, make sure all of your information is correct and error-free.
Determining the Winner
Choose a winner when the raffle is over.The timeframe for your raffle should be clearly detailed in your post or website. Once this time runs out, the raffle is closed. If you selected an automatic option with your raffle website, the winner will be chosen and contacted automatically. If you are using social media, select a winner using a random number generator and pick the user who guessed the closest to that number without going over.
- If your raffle does not include having the users select a number, you can enter all of their information into a spreadsheet and then use a random number generator.
Deliver your prize to the winner in person or through the mail.Once the winner is selected, make a post or comment announcing who it is on your website or social media. Then, ask for the user’s shipping information if they live far away. Box up your prize, write out the address of the winner, and take the package to the Post Office.
- If the winner lives in the same town as you, consider dropping off their prize instead.
- If you are using an online website, you can also customize your “Thank you” email to send when you get a donation. Each time someone purchases a raffle ticket, the website you selected will automatically send them a “Thank you” email.
Video: ONLINE RAFFLES ILLEGAL!!!! Well how about a giveaway!!
Butternut Squash Soup with Herb Croutons Recipe
Where Are They Now 20 Sex and the City Boyfriends (And 1 Sex and the City Girlfriend Too)
Can a Mole be Tattooed Over
How To Buy Vintage Clothing: A Complete Guide forBeginners
How to Tell if You Have Chronic Headaches
How to Cut Sod
How to Buy Art for Your Home
Cold Flu Center
How to Prevent a Hangover
How to Play Zerg Rush on Google
The Cheapo Product That Could Cure Your Acne (and So Much More)