How to Disable Windows Media Center
How to Disable Windows Media Center
1 Click the "Start" button on the bottom of your computer screen.It will show the most recent programs you've worked with.
Visit your Windows computer's "Control Panel".It will have a lot of different items such as "computer security" and "hardware and sound".
Find the "Programs".On different computers, it might say something different such as "Programs and Features. Just click on whichever one has the word feature in it.
Look for "Turn Windows Features On or Off".It may be on the top of the page or at the bottom, but click on it.
Look.A page with all your filed programs will come up, and scroll down to find "Windows Media Center".
Check the boxes.A list of programs will be on the next tab. All the check-marked ones are the programs you have up and running. To finally disable Windows Media Center, un-check the box by clicking it.
Click "Yes" on the warning dialog box.It's asking if your perfectly okay with disabling it.
Hit the Okay button on the second dialog box.The same box page will come up, but this time you will see Windows Media Center has no check.
Wait for it to load.Now Windows is going to disable, and you can just relax! Maybe you can come to wikiHow too!
Reboot your computer.A message saying you must restart the computer will pop up. Just shut it down or restart and log back in. You have successfully disabled Windows Media Center!
QuestionI don't want my pictures to open in Windows. Can I delete Windows Media without affecting watching videos or YouTube?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDeactivating Windows Media Player will not affect YouTube, as YouTube is a separate platform completely. Watching videos downloaded on your computer may be done without Windows Media Player as long as you have another app. Alternatively you could go into the default app setting. Just type it in on the search bar on Windows and change the .png and .jpg to a more convenient program.Thanks!
What do I do if Firefox or other applications will not open for me? Do I need to use Windows Media Center?
How can I kill the Windows Media�Center if it is not responding?
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Try to disable it when you have some free time, because it might take a while.
- Do this when you're not typing something on Word, or have an important tab open on your internet browser.
- Read carefully, because you must do everything correctly.
- If you have any important stuff up and running, it will all be erased when the computer restarts, so be careful.
- Ask permission if you are a kid. On Windows Vista (Home Premium) and Windows 7, you'll have no choice but to run through the User Account Control box when you get to getting rid of this default program. On Windows 8 and 8.1, it's not installed by default by any flavor of the Windows operating system but can be purchased for a price, and if purchased, you'll still have to run through User Account Control; on Windows 10 and newer, it not installed and not available for part of any official extra package.
Video: How To Disable Windows Media Center In Windows 7 [Uninstall,Remove,Disable Windows 7 media center]
How to Know if Youre Really in Love
We wanted to be completely anonymous
Just Back From...The Amalfi Coast
Brooksbank told his bride she looked perfect, according to lip readers
ObGyn Group Urges Docs to Help Prevent Octomom-Type Multiple Births
People Like Me With Hepatitis C
Excellent DIY Feather Bracelets
Paint a pumpkin as Cinderellas carriage
A High Power Fat Loss Program for Quick-Start Recovery
10 Straight Guys Reveal Their Favorite Sex Moves
Thanks to Rita Ora, We’re Only Wearing Metallic-on-Metallic Swim EnsemblesNow
Tod’s SpringSummer 2014 RTW – Milan Fashion Week
Hanro Menswear: AW14 Collection
Instead of Disciplining His Son, This Dad Shared Game-Changing Parenting Advice
Date: 02.12.2018, 04:40 / Views: 94541