10 Signs Your Kidneys Are Crying for Help
How to Determine the Reasons Why Your Resume Got Rejected
Check if the objective statement is missing, irrelevant or stuffed.
- Have you written your objective statement? If not, consider writing one.
- Check if your objective statement is relevant to the industry and job you are applying to. Sometimes, your objective statement could be superficial, which means which you could have used words that doesn’t make it look ‘original’. We suggest you read couple of general objective statements, think on your own what your objective is and come up with your own original objective statement.
Determine whether your resume is too long or too short
- An ideal resume should have only two pages. If you have more than 10 years of work experience, you could have an additional page which makes it three pages in total. #*Accommodate all your information in two pages and remove irrelevant information (eg: Father’s name, native town etc)
- If a resume is too short then the recruiter is not able to find required amount of details. Include all required information and make a two page CV.
Have adequate qualifications
- When you apply for a job, check if you meet their minimum qualifications required. If you do not meet their minimum and required qualifications, it’s fair not to expect an answer from them.
Check for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors
- Always make sure your resume never contains typos or grammatical errors.
- Send your CV to someone who could review your CV, give you suggestions and correct grammatical errors if any.
Do not make a presentation dull
- Have you prepared your resume that would catch the recruiter’s attention? Have you arranged your resume neatly?
- Make sure your resume is pleasing enough in appearance and your details are arranged in order.
Do not use too fancy fonts and colors
- Use professional fonts like Times New Roman, Book Antiqua or Arial.
- Do not use much of italics.
- Maintain black as the font color throughout the resume.
- Do not use multiple colors.
Do not include superficial information
- Every recruiter sees hundreds of resumes in a week. So they would very easily be able to find out if your resume contains superficial information related to your education, experience or personal information.
- Make all the contents in your resume as original as possible.
Assess overall look and feel of the resume
- Look at your resume through a 3rd party’s eye and think if you would like and consider if it was someone else’s resume.
- Edit your resume to make your resume look appealing.
Do not use unprofessional e-mail id
- Use a professional sounding email address, even a personal email with just name should be fine.
- Avoid using e-mail id like: , , gulfcandidate @hotmail.com etc.
Make sure to include a cover letter
- Nowadays it’s very critical to include a cover letter with all your applications. Cover letter describes why you are qualified for that particular job. Cover letter could be general or specific to a particular job.
- Your cover letter is your first interview with a prospective employer. So take your time in preparing a great cover letter. Need help with preparing a cover letter?
Do not miss the application deadline
- Every job posting has an application deadline – the date till when applications are accepted. If you applied after the application deadline, do not expect a reply back from the recruiter.
Consider a fact where you applied
- Did you apply through the prescribed medium? Some jobs are solely accepted through employers’ recruitment system or job portals. If the prescribed medium is ‘apply through job portal’ and you have emailed your resume to the recruiter, you stand little chance of being called for.
- Always follow the prescribed application acceptance medium.
Video: 10 Warning Signs Your Heart Isn't Working Properly
23 Emotional Memorial Tattoos to Honor Loved Ones
The 35 Funniest Food Moments from Friends
How to Pen Tap
Last-Minute Tax Tips
What 25 New York Fashion Week Designers Really Think of StreetStyle
Lose weight with fasting
A Circular Vibrator
Swine Flu Doesnt Have to Put a Damper on Your Social Life
Whistles Menswear AW14 Campaign
A Chocolate Bar a Day May Keep Skin CancerAway
Date: 13.12.2018, 23:12 / Views: 63144