Madonna's Best Dance Breaks
How to Dance Like Madonna
Have you ever thought you couldn't dance? Are you planning a party? Or, are you just a Madonna fan? Any way you slice it, you came here to learn how to dance like the goddess that Madonna is. Follow these steps, and you can!
Start with looking the part, by buying some tight dance outfits similar to what Madonna wears.This gives her the ease of movements, and grace, and also shows off her well fit and toned body.
Watch Madonna videos and check out Madonna's style eras to try to find what best reflects your dancing interest:
- Madonna Starts Out: At the beginning of her dance career, Madonna was finding her way. It was true '80s bop time and she bopped with the best of them from the word go. Try her early music videos such asHoliday,Like a Virgin, andMaterial Girl. There are some great moves that deserve reviving!
- Madonna Mainstreams: Cutesy, still bopping but with her own dance rhythm. TryInto the GrooveandCrazy for You.
- Madonna Gets Edgy: Whoa, suddenly Madonna 's dancing gets feisty and grooves. See, for example,Like a PrayerandExpress Yourselffor bold, erotically-charged movements with great energy and enthusiasm.
- Back in Time: TryVoguefor a Madonna take on the retro-30s style; chic.
- Soulful & Romantic Madonna: ViewTake a Bow,Bedtime StoryandYou'll See.
- Introspective and Thoughtful Madonna: Dancing with mysticism and soul, gazing at the heavens, this music shows yet again more dance diversity with Madonna. WatchRay of LightandBeautiful Stranger.
- Rock & Re-invention: Watch her re-invention tour! Rock your body toAmerican Lifeand other songs from her tour and albumAmerican Life.
- Dance Fever: Back to the disco, modernized style. WatchSorry,Hung Upand others from her albumConfessions on a Dance Floor. Pick up a copy of herConfessions Tour, that's a lot for you to watch!
Watch your video/DVD/iPod video and take note.Study her mannerisms, the way she dances. Does she arch her back, kick up her heels, sway her arms? Watch the different ways she uses her body to move, to make the rhythm come alive. These moves will be different depending on which Madonna era you choose but you'll also glean similarities that Madonna has stuck with as moves that work - see if you can spot these and use them.
Practice!Pause the music and copy.Repeat the steps until you feel comfortable doing themand they are down pat. Rehearse in front of supportive friends; they may have move ideas to suggest and they may even join in.
Dress the part.If you like the fashion she is wearing in a certain video, don't hesitate to mimic it. Dress it up to suit your own style and get out there and dance.
Enjoy dancing.Dancing is about release of inhibitions, letting your body melt into the rhythm and feel its own way around the dance floor. Let go of all your thoughts and worries and just be there for the music - your body will do a lot of the work for you if you let go of self-consciousness.
- This will take a lot of practice, but the more you practice, the better you'll be at it.
- Practice these moves as you're getting ready in the morning, when you're cleaning the house, or practice them when you need a great work out. If you try practicing with an iPod version, you can practice your moves anywhere - on the beach, on vacation, waiting for the bus or visiting your relatives.
- The more you watch this video, the more you'll know what steps she will do next, and you will be able to dance along with Madonna. (It's like watching your favorite movie, you know all the words, and what each actor or actress is going to do next.)
- Take care to stretch before a dance work-out session; "ouch moments" aren't very conducive to enjoying the rhythm.
- Keep the volume down if you're using earplugs with an iPod. Your hearing is sensitive. Rig up the iPod/computer to the TV screen to spare your ears and free your hands from holding an iPod.
- If you don't have a body like Madonna, don't dress quite like her. Just wear what feels comfortable and attractive.
Video: Madonna teaches Ellen how to vogue (Ellen dons Madonna's corset)
How to Select a Go Kart Racing Gear Using Gears and Tires
Nina Ricci SpringSummer 2014 RTW – Paris Fashion Week
Brooklyn Beckham Causes Backlash After Wielding a Gun in a Photoshoot
The Order of Health
3 Alcoholic Drinks to Order When You’re Dieting
8 Health Risks Linked to Psoriatic Arthritis
Is This the Coolest Céline Ad of All Time
7 Signs that You’re in Love
17 Workouts Guaranteed to Help You Lose Weight
How to Delete a Paypal Account