Healthy Eating : How to Detox or Cleanse Your Body
How to Cleanse Your Body
If you're feeling sluggish and under the weather, or you've had trouble losing weight you want to take off, consider cleansing your body of toxins. Cleansing the body can boost energy and mental clarity, promote weight loss, relieve pain and prevent disease. Making dietary changes, trying a fast, exercising more and living a chemical-free lifestyle are all effective ways to cleanse the body. Here's how to get started.
Cleansing Dietary Changes
Make water your main drink of choice.Nothing cleanses your body like water, which flushes toxins out of your system all day long. Drink at least two quarts of water every day to keep the toxins from building up.
- Carry a water bottle with you during the day so that you can stay hydrated on the go.
- If you have trouble drinking glass after glass of water, get hydrated by drinking decaffeinated tea or eating watery vegetables and fruits, like watermelon, apples, berries, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce and carrots.
Reduce your consumption of toxin-heavy foods.Certain types of food are difficult for your body to digest and end up harming your body instead of providing nutrition. Reduce or completely avoid the following dietary toxins:
- Sugar. Fructose and glucose are hard on the liver, and consuming too much can lead to obesity and diseases such as diabetes.It may be difficult to completely avoid sugar, but you can start by limiting your intake of candy, sugary baked goods, juice and soda, and granulated sugar used to sweeten tea and coffee. Satisfy your sweet tooth by consuming whole fruits, rather than fruit juice.
- Artificial sweeteners. Sugar substitutes actually lead to more sugar cravings, and can end up having an adverse effect on the body.Stop drinking diet drinks and other artificially-sweetened foods.
- Saturated fats. Many fats are essential to your body's health, but saturated fats found in fried and processed foods are toxic. Limit fast food, processed snack foods, and food that is served in restaurants.
- Caffeine. Some studies show that drinking a few cups of coffee a day is actually good for you, but when you're focusing on cleansing your body, it's best to eliminate all unnecessary substances.
- Alcohol. Moderate alcohol consumption usually won't harm your health, but drinking too much causes weight gain, water retention and liver disease. Stay away from alcohol when you're focusing on cleansing your body.
Eat plenty of fiber.Fiber helps your digestive system function normally. Without it, your body isn't easily able to eliminate waste. During a cleanse, when you want to rid your body of toxins, its especially important to eat fiber at every meal.
- Eat fruits and vegetables such as green beans, cauliflower, potatoes, and apples.
- Eat beans and other legumes that are high in fiber.
- Whole grains like oats and wheat bran are also good sources of fiber.
Consume a lot of greens.The chlorophyll in leafy greens acts as a cleansing agent for the blood. Greens also contain protein, minerals, and a plethora of vitamins that help keep the body healthy.
- Spinach, broccoli and seaweed all have high levels of chlorophyll.
- Watercress, which looks like tiny spinach leaves, has been found to repair cell damage.
- Kale, turnip greens and swiss chard are excellent sources of vitamins K, A and C.
Try a juice fast.Juice fasts cleanse the body by eliminating food that's hard to digest or toxic and providing the body with nutrients exclusively from fresh-squeezed fruits and vegetables. A juice fast can last anywhere from 2 days to over 2 months, and many report that it leaves the body feeling refreshed and energized.
- To complete a juice fast, make your own juice with a juicer. Juicers quickly squeeze the juice (and nutrients) from fruits, vegetables and herbs. Without this machine, juice fasting would require hours of prep work.
- Buy spinach, kale, apples, pears, lemons, carrots, ginger, and other watery fruits and vegetables to juice.
- Make enough juice in the morning to last you all day long. You should plan on having 6 to 8 glasses of juice per day to keep your hunger at bay.
Consider intermittent fasting.Taking a break from eating food for half a day or up to 36 hours helps detoxify your body by creating the right conditions for autophagy, in which cells get rid of damaged molecules, to occur.Intermittent fasting boosts energy in the short-term and may help prevent obesity and neurological diseases.
- Start by skipping lunch and dinner on a day when you don't have plans that require you to expend a lot of energy. Go to bed hungry and break your fast in the morning with a glass of water and a light breakfast.
- Work up to fasting for longer periods of time. As your body grows more used to fasting, your hunger pangs and cravings won't be as strong.
Break a sweat.The body gets rid of toxins through sweating, which acts as a natural cleanser. Doing regular exercise that speeds up your heart rate and causes you to sweat for 30 minutes or more is a great way to detoxify your body.
- Do some cardio. Biking, running, power walking, and swimming are excellent cardio exercises. Do cardio exercises at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes at a time.
- Lift weights. Weight training keeps your body strong and toned, improving your overall health. Incorporate 2 or 3 days of weight training into your exercise routine.
- Don't exercise too much during juice fasts and intermittent fasts. Burning too many calories when you aren't taking calories in may cause you to feel weak or faint.
Practice yoga.Yoga is said to detoxify the body by facilitating the removal of lactic acid, carbon dioxide and lymphatic fluids from the system. Deep stretches and proper breathing techniques stimulate the circulatory, digestive and lymphatic systems, each of which contribute to waste elimination.
- Try the downward facing dog pose, which aids in blood circulation by placing the heart higher than the head.
- Place your legs on the wall to increase blood flow to the abdomen and stimulate the digestive system.
Cleansing Lifestyle Choices
Don't use tobacco or take drugs.The chemicals and additives that come with tobacco are toxic to the body, and smoking in any form leads to respiratory diseases. To cleanse your body, eliminate the following substances from your life:
- Tobacco in all its forms, including cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, and chewing tobacco. Smoking marijuana is also harmful to the lungs and may contain chemicals that are toxic to the body.
- Other drugs like cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine (crystal meth) are addictive and highly destructive to the body.
Avoid exposing yourself to chemicals.Harmful chemicals found in plastics and other substances are tied to cancer and other diseases. It's difficult to live completely free of chemicals, since they're present in our food, clothing, furniture, air and water. Do your best to live a chemical-free life by taking the following measures:
- Eat organic food. Ingesting pesticides that are sprayed on produce can be harmful to your health. Choose organic produce and organic, hormone-free meat and eggs.
- Research the fish you eat to make sure it doesn't contain high levels of mercury and other heavy metals.
- Choose natural fabrics like cotton and silk instead of wearing polyester. When possible, wear organic clothing and use organic linens and towels.
- Use soap, shampoo, conditioner, and makeup made with natural substances instead of chemicals.
- Use natural solutions, like vinegar and water, to clean your house, rather than relying on chemicals like bleach and other commercial cleaning agents.
Limit stress.Stress is as physically damaging as it is emotionally damaging. It causes a rise in blood pressure and the production of hormones that lead to weight gain. Limit stress by eliminating unnecessary activities from your schedule.
- Getting plenty of sleep helps relieve stress. Make sure you get at least 7 or 8 hours a night.
- If your stress seems unmanageable, consider seeing a therapist for help. A therapist will be able to teach you effective stress management techniques.
QuestionWhen fasting, can I still drink water?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFasting is only about ignoring processed and unhealthy food. So yes, you can still drink water.Thanks!
QuestionI ate too much sugar by accident! What should I do?サイハラシューイチCommunity AnswerDon't worry. Just drink lots of water, and even some natural teas will help detox your system.Thanks!
QuestionIf I cannot quit smoking, are there any supplements I could take to reduce risks?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerEat healthy, drink plenty of water, and just try really hard to stop. There isn't a supplement to reduce the risks of smoking.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I get marijuana out my system?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you are a regular user, you need to abstain from one to three months to get it completely out of your system. However, if you are not a frequent user, it can leave your system sooner.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I detox from meth in two days?Chattox1Community AnswerEnter a rehab facility, it is far too complex to do on your own, and requires careful calculation.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I detox from taking to much Biotin 7500 mcg? It has my nerves on edge, heart rate up, and ears ringing.Top AnswererFor medical advice, contact a doctor. For urgent medical assistance, call the emergency services. In addition, most developed countries operate a poison hotline that specializes in just this type of question.Thanks!
QuestionHow long does it take for sugar to leave the body?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYour body will metabolize the sugar immediately, and if the body doesn't need to use it, then it will be stored as fat.Thanks!
- Make cleansing a way of life not just a random occurrence. If your habits naturally cleanse your body then the process will not be a difficult one and your body will always be in great shape.
- Working out is known to help relieve stress, which will in turn help you cleanse your body.
- Stevia is often suggested as a natural sugar replacement during the body cleansing process. Be sure to understand the side effects, as well as the benefits, of consuming this sugar substitute.
Video: Improve Your Health : How to Cleanse the Body of Toxins Through Diet
How to Make a Healthy New York Style Pizza
13Celebrity Fashion Fails From 2019 That WeCan’t Forget
How to Pack Furniture For Moving
Alexander McQueen Resort 2019 Collection
How to Select and Buy an MP3 Player
How to Use Acupressure Points for Foot Pain
How to Make Lemon Drizzle Cake
How to Find a Rock and Gem Club
Saving Your Teeth During Mouth Cancer Radiation
13 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Boils On the Inner Thighs
20incredibly sexy monokinis that will prove they are asgood asbikinis, ifnot better
15 Life Hacks for Divorced Parents
MC Meets: Susie Richardson, the woman behind Virgin Media’s Louder Lounge
Is It Normal For My Vagina To Be Wrinkly