Foolproof Caribbean Stew Chicken #TastyTuesdays | CaribbeanPot.com
1/4 c. apple jelly
1/2 c. chili sauce
2 tbsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. Hot pepper sauce
1/2 c. parboiled rice
bunch green onions
medium ripe plantain
can black beans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, in 1 tablespoon hot salad oil, cook onion until tender and golden. Add apple jelly and cook, stirring constantly, until jelly melts. Stir in chili sauce, lime juice, allspice, and hot pepper sauce until blended. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Remove all skin and fat from chicken quarters except wings. Place chicken quarters, bone-side down, in 13" by 9" roasting pan. Spoon half of chili-sauce mixture evenly over chicken. Bake chicken 20 minutes. Do not turn chicken. Spoon remaining chili-sauce mixture over chicken; bake 20 minutes longer or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with a knife.
- While chicken is baking, prepare rice as label directs but do not use margarine or butter.
- Meanwhile, cut green onions into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Peel plantain; cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 tablespoons hot salad oil, cook green onions and plantain slices until golden and tender.
- When rice is done, add to skillet with plantain mixture; stir in black beans; heat through.
- Arrange chicken and rice mixture on warm large platter. Discard fat from roasting pan. Into drippings remaining in roasting pan, stir 2 tablespoons hot water; pour over chicken. Garnish platter with lime slices.
Video: Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken Recipe Video
Nicolas Cage 2009: Johnny Depp to Pay Broke Actor’s Debts forHim
Dree Hemingway Writes a Video Love Note
Why You Should Never EVER Drive While Dehydrated
The 17 Best Matte Lipsticks That Won’t Dry Out YourLips
13 Healthy Resolutions for 2013
The New Starbucks Holiday Drink Is The First Of Its Kind
Best fashion designers in Bangalore
The 13 Best Times Ariana Grande Covered Other Artists’Songs
11Strange Myths That Turned Out toBeTrue
Compelling Books To Match Your Holiday Destination
4 Healthy Food Products Youll Be Eating Next Year
The Queen Sat Front Row at London Fashion Week and the Internet Is Loving It
Date: 02.12.2018, 21:21 / Views: 43144