16 GENIUS LIFE HACKS TO SAVE YOUR TIME
16 Genius Hacks That Will Save Your Winter Wardrobe
Cold weather means you have to wear more clothes, which means a greater opportunity for clothing problems exists. But getting bundled up in tights, sweaters, boots, etc. for the winter doesn't have to be so annoying. Below are helpful tips to get you (and your wardrobe) through the colder months.
1. Stop a run in your tights or stockings from worsening by spraying it with stronghold hairspray.The spray will hold the fibers in place temporarily.
2. Make the life of your tights last much longer by freezing them before wearing the first time.Take a pair of brand new tights and run them under the faucet. Wring out the water, put the tights in a plastic bag, and freeze them overnight. The next day, let the tights thaw out and then use as normal. The cold temperature of the freezer will strengthen the fibers of your tights.
3. Fix a pilling sweater by gently rubbing a pumice stone over the pills.The texture of the pumice stone will easily grab the balls of sweater fluff. Be careful not to rub the actual sweater. Light strokes that graze the surface work just fine.
4. Use a makeup sponge as a lint roller to remove sweater fuzz or shed hairs from your faux fur coat.Who knew a Beauty Blender could be so handy?
5. Make an itchy sweater softer with a little hair conditioner and white vinegar.Soak your sweater in cold water mixed with a few tablespoons of white vinegar for 15 minutes. Then gently massage hair conditioner into your sweater and let it sit for about half an hour. Rinse all the conditioner out and then lay your sweater flat to dry. When finished, your sweater will be considerably less itchy.
6. Stop your sweaters from shedding by sticking them in the freezer overnight. If you have a cashmere or wool sweater that won't stop shedding, toss it in the freezer before each wear.
7. To prevent a pointed hanger from warping the shoulders of your sweaters, try folding them on the hanger instead.This will stop your sweater from stretching out as well.
8. Run a dryer sheet over your hair or clothing (like hats) to eliminate static.
9. Hide a safety pin on the inside of your clothes to reduce static cling.If your flowy dress keeps getting stuck to your tights, fasten a safety pin inside to break up the static.
10. Don't fold your leather clothing, which can cause creases. Instead, hang your leather pants and use business cards or tissue paper to protect the material from hanger clamp indents.
11. Revive matted suede with a gentle bristle toothbrush.Your suede leather will look almost brand new.
12. To remove dirt from your suede shoes, tear off a piece of stale bread crust and rub it over the stains.The bread will crumble a little bit, but the dirt will come off in no time.
13. Don't set your wet leather boots by a heater to dry, which can cause the leather to dry out and crack. Stuff them with paper and place them in an area with good circulation instead. Extreme temperatures and direct sunlight can negatively affect the quality of your leather shoes. If your boots get a little wet from the snow or puddles, stuff them with newspaper to reinforce their shape and place them in a breezy area out of the way of heat or direct light.
14. If your leather boots are salt-stained, wipe them off at the end of the day with a little bit of water mixed with vinegar.Or try wipes such as Boot Rescue, which are safe on leather and suede.
15. If your boots are starting to get a little smelly (Whose aren't?), try combating the stench with baking soda, tea bags, or white vinegar.Sprinkle a little baking soda on the inside of your boots or tuck new tea bags inside to soak up the sweat and neutralize the odor. You can also lightly spritz a little white vinegar inside to help get rid of the smell as well.
16. Warm your clothes before putting them on by carefully blowing them with hot air.A light breeze of warm air is enough to take the painful chill out of your pants that (let's be honest) you'd rather not put on.
Get non-boring fashion and beauty news directly in your feed.
Video: 16 GENIUS FOLDING HACKS
Exactly What To Do If You Forget To Take Your Birth Control Pill
Now Playing: Spare Parts: Five Questions for Jeff Dunham
How to Prepare and Use Strawberries
8 Ways to Ease Into Retirement
Fashion News: Carey Mulligan, Chanel More
A Smackeral Of Cologne
Colin Jost Scarlett Johansson Walked the Emmys Red Carpet Looking Regal AF
John Lewis’ best-selling winter coat will soon be back in stock
Cant Do A Headstand This Move Is Way Easier And Gives You All The Same Health Benefits
How to Contact Bill Gates
18 Houseplants That Help Purify Your Homes Air
Hair color ideas for high school